The Landis+Gyr keypad Prepayment solution consists of a range non-AMI keypad prepayment meters and their respective customer interface units.
A single phase, 80A STS keypad prepayment meter in a compact British Standard (BS) housing suitable for new installations and retrofitting of existing electromechanical or electronic watt-hours meters. For new installations, the meter can be installed inside the home making it accessible for the consumer to enter a credit token. The meter boasts an easy-to-read language-independent Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). It has a wide range of information which can be accessed by pressing the information button on the keypad and entering the number of the register.
A single phase, stand-alone or split prepayment meter in a BS housing. In the stand-alone configuration, the meter is typically installed inside the household. However, it can easily be converted into a split meter by connecting the Customer Interface Unit (CIU), moving the meter outside the household, and installing it in a secure locked enclosure. The Gemini HMI is easy to install and ideal for new reticulation and retrofitting credit meters. It supports prepayment, post-payment and energy limiting modes. Furthermore, it has tamper detection features, including Significant Reverse Energy (SRE) detection.
Power-Rail (pilot wire)
A single phase 80A split meter in a DIN rail-mount housing. It is ideal for new reticulation in informal housing areas where meters are mounted in pole-top enclosures with respective customer interface units conveniently mounted in the dwellings below. The small size and DIN rail housing enables multiple Power-Rail meters to be mounted in a small enclosure to ensure cost-effective installation. The meter has a convenient plug-in communications connector for easier utility access and maintenance.
The CIU unit has a galvanically isolated communication link to the meter – a feature which is vital for consumer safety. Power-Rail supports prepayment and post-payment modes. The shroud provides a terminal seal with tamper detection capability for the Power-Rail prepayment meter. The meter supports micro generation, by means of a dedicated reverse energy register and various modes of operation.
Three Phase (pilot wire)
A three phase, 4-wire 100 Amp per phase split meter suitable for residential and light commercial environments. The meter has a host of standard prepayment software features, including the ability to operate in post-payment mode. It can be used as a stand-alone meter or converted into a split prepayment meter by fitting the CIU with a dedicated two-core communications wire. The meter features a dedicated diagnostics indicator which displays communications status to the remote CIU.
- Split prepayment meter, significantly reducing the possibility of fraud and bypassing
- Compact meter design with British Standard layout
- Easy to install and ideal for new reticulation as well as retrofitting of credit meters with BS footprints
- Proven Cashpower keypad technology
- Programmable operating modes:
- Credit metering
- Energy Limiting Mode
- Galvanically isolated communication to customer interface unit for consumer safety
- Tamper detection features
- Significant Reverse Energy (SRE) detection
- Programmable software power limit
- Commissioning / decommissioning feature
- Language independent user interface
- Large LCD and keypad on the meter
- Improved sealing against ingress of insects
- High surge withstand capability for areas prone to lightning or other line surges
- SANS 1524-1 and IEC 62055-31 compliant
- STS Compliant<
- Europe, the Middle East and Africa